Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2015

the phases of the moon

Explanation writing

WALT: I am learning to write an explanation.

Success criteria
Me
LB
T
I have used an interesting title that tells the reader what my writing is about
yes

Y
I have used a general statement to introduce the topic
yes

Y
My writing explains how one thing leads to another
yes


I have used time connectives to show the order of the process (first...next…)
yes


I have organised my text using paragraphs
yes


I have linked together 2 or 3 sentences to show cause and effect (so…if…this causes...this makes...because)
yes


I have used technical vocabulary
yes


I have used capital letters, full stops and commas
yes
yes


Use this chart to help you to write an explanation on the 8 phases of the Moon.




The phases of the Moon

The fantastic moon.

Have you ever wondered why the Moon can look different every night? There are eight key phases that the Moon goes through every 29.5 days, which is the same as one month.

The Moon orbit the Earth 29 days. As the Moon orbit the Earth it changes shape night. Some people think that every single friday or saturday it will be a full Moon. First there is New Lunar or Moon, then the waxing crescent, after that is the first quarter then a full Moon. After the full Moon is a waning gibbous. Then the last quarter. At the last part is the last waning crescent.


We see the same side of the Moon every day and night. You can see the outline of The new Moon just a little bit. Some people thinks we see different sides of the Moon but we actually see the same side of the Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.